I'm passing this on from Barry Owens. I've not been on his tours but friends have and loved them - I have been to some local parties he does. There's a good mix of singles and couples at his events, not all in "cliques", some good chances to relax and mix and network.
This September's exciting group Wine Tour fast approaches, just 11 weeks to go! Not sure if you have received this invitation already and read it but here it is with lots of information on it. Book soon and take advantage of last year's package price as well as a complimentary winery lunch!! It will sell out again (many booked already), so do get back in touch with your interest for the most fun 4 days and 3 nights you will have all year! - Barry.
If you are new to checking out this tour, I will tell you that it was supposed to be a one time departure in 2002 but we have all had such a great time the past 8 years that many come back one or more times (lots of different wineries and people to enjoy each year), so a '9th annual' is now organized this fall for you to come and enjoy! By all means invite friends to join you but we can only accommodate a maximum of 52 people, so it will definitely be first come, first served. This trip will again sell out (I had to turn several people away last year) so please get back to me ASAP with your interest to join us..... I look forward to giving you more exciting details on this special autumn departure.
Your Wine Tour package includes:
* Round-trip transportation on our private luxury motorcoach from Ottawa to Niagara Falls. Washroom, video movies, music, fun and games all on board. This trip brings new meaning to the expression "getting there can be half the fun"!
* Transportation between our hotel and Niagara wineries as well as an exploring visit to the beautiful town of Niagara-On-The-Lake, a shopping stop at the Canada One Factory Outlets and an opportunity to view The Falls (for those interested) and to Casino Niagara (for those interested).
* Three nights accommodations at the Best Western Cairn Croft Hotel on famous Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls. Should you be travelling alone, I will endeavour to match you up with a suitable roommate of the same sex (sorry). There is also single and triple occupancy rates.
* Entry fees into all wineries including all vineyard tours, information on the wine-making process, and lots and lots of (educational) tastings, of course. We will be visiting a minimum of 9 wineries in two areas ... the Niagara Peninsula and Bench Wine Region.
* An evening at the Niagara Wine Festival featuring live band music entertainment and many area wineries' and food kiosks to visit and enjoy! (This will be a highlight)!
* Welcome "Meet and Greet" cocktail party at our hotel on Thursday.
* Group dinner organized the first evening, probably at nearby Italian 'Rockin' Johnny's' this year.
* BBQ lunch at one of the wineries.
* A detailed itinerary provided the morning of departure.
* All taxes and service charges.
* Services of an escort (me). I'll be there to do what escorts do and make sure that you have a great time including helping you find the bus if you over indulge in your tastings. (I think you're supposed to sip it though)!
Package cost: Great value this year! $499 per person (double occupancy) but be one of the first 26 (half the bus) to book and pay $469 (last year's package price) as well as get the BBQ winery lunch included!!
Contact me for single or triple occupancy package price.
A deposit cheque of $100 per person will hold your spot. Final payment is due 4 weeks prior to departure. Cheque made out to Aquavacs Inc. and mailed to Uniglobe Travel, 261 Cooper St, Ottawa, K2P0G3.
Contact me, Barry Owens, at Uniglobe Aquavacs Travel for more details and to book. Phone: (613)233-8495 work / (800)661-6976 or (613)738-5371 home office.
Not included: meals, items of a personal nature.
Additional things to see and do:
* The Shaw Theatre.
* A dinner theatre called "OhCanadaeh".
* The Canada One Factory Outlets (you'll save $ at over 2 dozen wholesale
* A breathtaking view of our Canadian Horseshoe Falls.
* Two casinos in Niagara Falls will offer an evening of gambling and entertainment.
* Our hotel has a terrific nightclub for your music and dancing pleasure each evening.
+ Our motorcoach will depart Ottawa at 9AM on Thursday from South Keys on Bank St. (with free parking) as well as a second west end pick-up location at 9:15AM (location TBA). We will arrive back in Ottawa at around 8:30PMish on Sunday.
+ Should we have people joining us from the Toronto or Kingston area, we will be briefly stopping along the 401 or QEW to welcome them on board. Anyone from Montreal can easily drive to Ottawa that morning (or come down the night before) to pick our motorcoach up in Ottawa.
+ You may wish to bring lunch, snacks, and "liquid refreshments" on with you as we will not be stopping for a formal lunch, just two 20 minute smoke, washroom breaks along the way.
+ Our coach will hold up to 52 passengers, so that will be the maximum size of the group. (Lots of people to meet and get to know over the 4 days).
+ For those who would like, you may pre-book your motorcoach seats at time of booking (just like you were booking an aircraft).
+ Parties....ya... I think you can expect one or two. I have asked the hotel to put our rooms as close together as possible.
+ Regarding the "value" of a package like this, in addition to all the tangible inclusions listed above, I wonder what the value of making just one new friend or two during these four days would be? Like the comercial, "priceless" comes to mind. Whether you are a couple or single, you will just love this trip!!
I hope, too, that you are impressed with this 4 day package price, particularly with an increase for hotel rooms and winery tours! I have seen other wine tour packages to Niagara with a day and night less, fewer inclusions and wineries but a lot more money!
Again, I hope that YOU (and friends) will be able to join us this time, so do feel free to pass the invitation on to anyone who you think would be a good addition to the group. This is totally a "word of mouth" getaway! (Even if you don't like wine quite as much as I do), I guarantee you and them a fabulous four days (and nights) of fun!! Oh, and you will learn a lot too!
SOME TESTIMONIALS FROM THE PAST ......
* It was a wonderful time! I gained a new appreciation of the Canadian wines and I would definitely take this trip again.
* Not knowing what type of people would be on the tour, I was a bit apprehensive at first, but by the time the bus arrived at the hotel in Niagara Falls, my inhibitions were put to rest. I was extremely impressed with how well organized and managed this trip was from beginning to end.... great price too! It was a real bargain, I had a relaxed, stress-free weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the wine tasting experience to its fullest with my friends and new ones we met on the tour. I laughed more this past weekend than I have in a year (wine tasting may have had a bit to do with it)! Count me in for next year's trip.
*Barry. What a delightful trip. I spoke with friends when I got home last night and they are both interested for next year's trip but couldn't make it this time. Thanks for being such a great host and agent!! It was nice to speak with a great group of people.
* Barry.. I want to thank you for a great tour! It was incredibly well organized! I couldn't believe how many wineries were on the schedule. Each one was a unique experience from conversing with wine host/hostess to the informative tasting sessions. This past weekend has definitely enriched my knowledge of the variety of grapes in the Niagara Region and the wine making process. The group was a blast too!
* For the second year in a row, I had a great time. The first year as your driver; the second as a member of the back of the bus. Tasting great wines, meeting new people, just having an all round great time. Reserve me a spot for next year. Thank you for everything.
* Barry - Thank you for a great four day fun-filled wine tasting tour with such friendly fellow wine tasters. We learned much about wine making and had a chance to purchase really superb wines not available in LCBO and the lightlife in Niagara was a blast. Hope you repeat the trip next year.