I mean the plan, the plan. Maybe too early a reference for some of you. Nevermind - I still think I need a plan, the how to be a better/rich writer plan. I've a couple of novels to edit, a third one to outline before NaNoWriMo 2012 in November, and flash fiction piling up. Plus a lot of day to day non-writer things, it's surprising how 'busy' retirement can be. Oh - and now it's summer and getting to be too nice to sit inside behind a keyboard.
So - the objectives:
- Taxes - first steps are sorting through papers to make sure have all the necessary documents - dining table cleared, 3/4 way through sorting/filing
- The Plan - found a couple of good links, but it's basically the same as I did in my QA/Project Management days. Where do you want to be, where are you know, what are your strengths/weaknesses, opportunities/threats? Your vision, mission, goals, SMART objectives, action plan - I know all the steps, that's not the issue.
- WIP - it's still resting,thinking about it. Such as - what if main character was 'adopted' by a raven.
- Daily writing - another new objective, is recommend as a habit to develop, even if only a 500 word character sketch. I've two 100 word flash fictions a week, so just have to fill in three more day. Did a couple already, using the daily prompts form the Flash Fiction Chronicles' FaceBook page.
- Flash Fiction - did a couple. One for Friday Flash Fiction, on fear. And one for Terrible Minds, starting from a random sentence.
- Blogs - doing well, still current.
- Social Media - going OK.
- Exercise - still have pedometer, been keeping in the 7000-12000 step range. Helps to encourage me to get out on a slow day. Listen to my new favorite band while I walk - Concrete Blonde.
- Reading - fiction - Next sci-fi is Ready Player One - have a request into the library for the e-book version. I can read on my iPad. For now, was reading One Breath Away, by Heather Gudenkauf. Done now. It's an advance copy, coming out in July. Will do a little review and send it in. I did like the book.
- Reading - non-fiction - none
- played some video game with my son online - Aram II.
- visited with friends about getting my guitar case painted - a raven!