Not for a lost chord, but for that elusive NaNoWriMo plot idea. If all else fails I could carry on from the last two year's novels to complete a trilogy, but I pretty well wrapped everything up at the end of the last one. Don't want a random pick, I do have some ideas from all my Flash Fiction stories, just need to pick a few now and outline a bit to see where they go. I need characters with goals and issues and problems and revelations - characters the reader will actually give a shit about.
So - what have I been up to?
- Did another Flash Fiction for Terrible minds. Challenge was to pick from a list of titles, I chose The Black Lighthouse and wrote about bullying. I'd done another bullying one a while back too, but I guess the recent cyber-bullying case of Amanda Todd was on my mind.
- Still scanning old stories for ideas for NaNoWriMo
- reading about writing - about outlining and plotting, via books and the Interwebs.
- Getting out each day for some walking - to various degrees. Nothing else - yet. No weights or early morning yoga.
- Checked out the Ottawa Brewery Market event last Saturday. Bonded with family and friends, tried some great beers. Micro-breweries seem to be spreading here, with some very interesting brews. They typically sell to only a few small pubs near their brewery, but you can also buy Growlers from most of them - 2 litres at a time.
- Guess my taxes were received OK - they cashed both cheques Friday.
- Caught up with Doctor Who. I do NOT like episodes with those stone angels! I just looked behind myself again - nothing there.