And away we go! Started NaNoWriMo last Thursday, full of vim and vigour, plot outlined. turning points identified, and a few first scenes summarized. First day went well, then several last nights, an urge to edit, plus daily dry eyes, slowed me down. Caught up now, 8000words in 4 days. Late nights - avoid for November. Dry eyes - more breaks, type on iPad sometimes. Urge to edit - I think this is from all those Flash Fictions, I want to make each scene a finished story as I write it, need to give myselff the freedom to ramble, let my characters babble a bit and wander the setting.
- NaNoWriMo - up to 8000 words, just did the Tipping Point scene - described as "Opportunity knocks, chance to change". My Inciting Incident.
- writing tools - have settled on Scrivener on PC and Evernote on iPad. No word count on th iPad but can guess how many in a screen. When in doubt - keep typing.
- Flash Fiction - missed last weeks one for Terrible Minds - it was due Wednesdya and I though was the normal Friday deadline. Just as well, no time. Maybe next time, once I get my NaNoWriiMo writing flowing better.
- finished reading my copy of Perfect Match. Book club meets tomorrow night. Still several books about writing on the pile - think they will all have to go back
- health - cooler days, frost again tonight with -7C. Nice in the day though, and I am Canadian so do own winter clothes.
- other - caught up with various videos so no distractions there. OK -other than Ed Wood. Never did see it, great story and great stars.