Trying to get these check in's done the day of, and preferably early. I'll be out doing a lot of things in my "Other" category today so need to get rolling soon.
Speaking of "Other", the online course I'm doing - while interesting - has been a lot of work. The info said 6-8 hours a week - 16 is more like it. A lot more math than many of us had expected, and some confusing concepts to grasp. The videos are OK, but more examples - maybe as some supplementary notes - would help. Homework assignments often seem to be clever questions, not just a straight forward application. All to say - many falling behind and either dropping the homework part, or the whole course. A new direction for the university too, so was nice to see that they responded with a good compromise - they'll extend the homework deadlines from 1 week to 3 weeks. Gives us time to absorb things, and a bit of a Christmas buffer.
- Sunday and today's check in.
- Several FB rambles that could have become posts (note to self).
- Caught up on blogs about writing and publishing
- Duotrope tracking site going from free to $50/yr. Worth it, so signed up.
- Some collections of stories sent out earlier to friends/family for feedback. Word is they are busy right now doing other stuff. Which I understand, was as a favour. So, I joined a Sci-fi/Fantasy critique group - Critters Workshop. It's one of several for different genre, at critique.org. Concept is you critique short stories of others - they will do yours. Typically 10-20 response. Can also handle novels I think.
- made 8 tourtiere, from secret family recipe. Most will be for family as gifts.
- Did lots of hours on Astronomy course.
- Several hours of Warehouse 13
- nice long lunch with friend
Still to be done:
- writing - two Flash Fictions. A blog post on something
- publishing - add to doc that's collecting all the stories together
- other - concert today, Christmas stuff, Astronomy course