I kept delaying yesterday's check in, to give myself a chance to finish some more things on my list of objectives. Or catch up on Season 4 of Misfits.
I did some editing, and critiquing, but no writing. I haven't felt motivated to do any Flash Fiction since my forced Christmas break - not for a want of interesting prompts.
I'll keep this check in brief - so I can get to 'work' today. I am hoping to get into a better schedule this ROW cycle, especially in the morning - leaving the rest of the day more open and flexible.
- Flash Fictions - nope.
- ROW80 check in's - doing, but late
- Critique a story on Critters.org - reading for another one
- Edit first novel, Due North, an hour a day. Have been doing OK on that, sometimes going longer if on a roll.
- Send a story a week in to critters.org - none sent yet, but have 'credit' now. Problem is Flash of 800 words uses up the same credit as a short story of several thousand, so I have to work parder for the credits than I will get. I'll try, but really need a critique site for Flash.
- Submit a story a week on line. Want to get critiqued first - see above
- Daily yoga and core strengthening exercises - have a set routine for each, doing in 6 of 7 days.
- Doing some writerly things, such as keeping up to date with writer/editor/publisher blogs I follow, reading how-to books, reading fiction (with a writer's eye). I on track to drop in a few days a week at the coffee shop on the corner, to my local for beer, music, and conversation, and visit my grandkids.
- Travel - no firm target yet - but am saving for something. Hopefully that will be more than new summer tires for my car.