Time to get ready for another round - yay! The first day, July 1, is a holiday - not that the self-employed notice - so I'm doing this today. I will still try to work on some writerly things tomorrow, though.
My objectives may seem daunting to some. Firstly, I'm self-employed, so my schedule is flexible, and secondly, my job/passion/career is being a writer and author. In addition, my kids are all grown up, I'm single, have adjusted my lifestyle to a small but liveable pension, and live in a rental (maintenance free) apartment. All by choice, not luck. The only luck so far I guess is happening to run into a publisher last year at a small press book fair. He was just starting off and was looking for more authors, I had several books written and was looking to get published. Sort of looking, as in I hadn't started the cycle of mailings and rejections yet. Right now we're in the midst of final edits. After that, it will then go to copy/proof editors, then up on Kindle and Createspace.
My long term goals are to become a better writer and to become a successful (income earning) author. Both would be nice. Also, I'd like to ensure that I live life, make some positive contributions to it, and get/stay healthy enough to enjoy it.
My short term objectives, as well as status for this round, are shown below.
Objective - Publishing
- Finish edits on first novel, Kirk's Landing by July 15th. After that, it goes to copy/proof.
- Do my Kinde/Createspace stuff - details to follow, but need to creat ID's, get IRS number, learn to formatting, etc.
- Promote online - again, details to follow, but need to work on FB/Twitter/Blog
- On Amazon and launch by mid-September. Maybe
Objective - Writing
- Write every morning
- At least one Flash Fiction a week.
- ROW80 check in's - Sunday and Wednesday.
- Book clubs - have two a month, to read and critique.
Objective - Other
- Daily yoga and core strengthening exercises, walking, biking - a challenge for me.
- More - keep following various writerly blogs, reading how-to books, reading fiction (with a writer's eye). Drop in a few days a week at the coffee shop on the corner, to my local for beer, music, and conversation, and visit my grandkids.
- Edit - I realized, as I looked around at the dozens and dozens of bozes to still be unpacked and sorted, that I need to add getting unpacked to my list. Even 1/2 hour a day makes a difference.