Not a good start for this round - here I am already late for my first check in. Not a lot accomplished over the past few days, either. This round started on Canada Day, so I lost that to an all afternoon and evening party at a friend's place. Excellent weather, BBQ sirloin tip, cold beer, live music from a number of musician friends, and many ladies looking to dance. I had a great time - so I am told - but the after affects sort of killed the next day too. I did get into a bit of editing though, as well as some marketing things.
Update on my objectives follows.
Objective - Publishing
- Finish edits on first novel, Kirk's Landing by July 15th.
- I got feedback from a Beta reader. All good comments, but I panicked when I discovered LibreOffice was showing me none of her changes in some places, then pages of crossed out text in other spots. Was a LibreOffice problem, as when I opened the rtf document in OpenOffice all was good. I guess the docx standard is not always implemented properly between Microsoft Word and others.
- Started spreadsheet on scenes for my novel to track things like characters, subplots, symbols, what did/didn't work.
- Do my Kindle/Createspace stuff - none
- Promote online - started a web page, need to find appropriate 'northern' images now.
Objective - Writing
- Write every morning - none so far
- ROW80 check in's - late
- Book clubs - next Monday - noted finished on book
Objective - Other
- Exercise, etc - not a lot, except for walking to the pub. It is 4 blocks away but that really doesn't help, it's a lot better to just cut back on the calories.
- Writerly blogs - catching up, still a week behind
- Social - babysat grandkids yesterday - that was nice. No shortage of socializing at the Carleton either - great for story ideas, but no new ones in a while.
- Chores - did a few boxes - every little bit helps.