ROW80-3 - check in 08/04 - a long weekend?
August 05, 2013
The thing about being self-employed is that any day can be a weekday or a weekend. We need to remember this distinction for our 9-5 M-F friends, especially for when they ask about plans for a long weekend. It's important to have a good cover story for them, as it's not an occasion to be wasted.
This is some kind of holiday here in Canada, in most provinces - the name varies though. Here's the list: British Columbia (British Columbia Day), Alberta (Heritage Day), Manitoba (Civic Holiday), Saskatchewan (Saskatchewan Day), Ontario Simcoe Day, Nova Scotia (Natal Day), Prince Edward Island (Natal Day), New Brunswick (New Brunswick Day), and the Northwest Territories (Civic Holiday).
However, Quebec, Newfoundland and Nunavut do not have an August long weekend holiday and therefore conduct business as usual.
Many go away to a cottage or campsite - I stayed here and carried on as usual. I got another Flash Fiction done, did some reading, and slipped in a grandkid visit.
Objective - Publishing
- Promotion - working on images for an auther web page. Woodsy things related to my book's setting.
Objective - Writing
- Short stories - did another one, to add to a series I'm doing. It's for a prompt from Terrible Minds. Working on his next one, something in the punk genre.
- ROW80 check in's - this one.
- Reading - Finished Sumer Lovin' and did a review. Finished The Outcast too, by Sadie Jones.
Objective - Other
- Exercise, etc - Got another app, MapMyWalk, that uses the iPhone GPS to track where you've been. It also adds speed and an estimate of calories burned. Just something different.
- Writerly blogs - Ack - four days behind again.
- Chores? Yeah, whatever.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.