A tune by The Doors, but also an observation by me. Days are getting shorter, nights colder, back to school sales are on - have you started Christmas shopping yet? I have been doing bits and pieces of writerly things - movies, books, book clubs, a short story. Details below:
- Set up Google Analytics for my author page
- Editor/publisher back this week, so things will really get rolling now. My mini-vacation is over.
- Looked up what's needed to recover the 30% Amazon will keep from my sales, for US taxes. Need to send them a W-8BEN form, which needs an ITIN number, which means I need to either send in a W7 form to the IRS with my passport or have it notarized at the US Embassy. Going with the latter, but need to make an appointment - first slot is September 9. Oh - and bring $50US.
- Short stories - Finished one for the Terrible Minds site. Talked with a friend at Carleton who has lots of stories to tell of his days as a lumberjack. I;m intrigued, but challenge will be to find an overall story in there to tie them all together.
- ROW80 check in's - this one.
- Reading - Got 1/4 through A Room With a View and stalled, so I watched the movie (1985 version) instead. Much better, more life to it. I also watched Howard's End, based on another Forster book. Also good. Consensus at our book club was that we were underwhelmed by the book - great story, just not that well written. Read The Graveyard Book, too, by Neil Gaiman. Liked it.
Objective - Other parts of my life
- Exercise - still walking. And less late night snacks.
- Writerly blogs - caught up via Feedly.
- TV, etc. None lately. Just the aforementioned movies I downloaded.