Yay! I got my novel back from the proofreader. She made a number of punctuation changes, but also suggested some changes in phrases and even emphasis in scenes. All with change tracking of course, so up to me to accept/reject. Publisher (and her) are following the Chicago Manual of Style, so that's what I'll be doing in the future.
At this stage I can't really make any big changes without touching a lot of text, and thus requiring another proofreading loop. Therefore, I've limited myself to tweaking it here and there - verrrry carefully. I am keeping her suggestions in mind for the next novel though. It's patiently waiting to be edited.
- Editing my novel - hopefully for the last round.
- Short stories - none finished but a couple underway.
- ROW80 check in's - this one.
- Reading - Read Red Shirts, by Scalzi. Sci-fi, very meta, with self-aware characters. Good one, even bought a copy for a friend.
Objective - Other parts of my life
- Exercise - still walking. And less late night snacks.
- Writerly blogs - caught up still via Feedly.
- Good times with grandkids on Monday. Managed to do some reading, some imaginative play, and even worked on the oldest one's ciphering.
- TV, etc. The Newsroom. Also realized I'm behind in Warehouse 13. Not sure if I care anymore - funny how you can go off a series.