I've been editing for the past few days. I added in most of the suggested changes from the proofreader loop, then printed out one final copy and grabbed a red pen. I'm seeing a few errors still - like calling someone Scottie then Scotty, back and forth between the two. Also found some timing issues, redundancies - minor errors. However, I'm also finding phrases that 'could' be tweaked to improve them a bit. I'm trying to not do too much of that. As my publisher reminds me, this is a first novel, and at some point just have to stop and get it out there. I'm at the 3/4 mark.
- Editing my novel - 3/4 done.
- Short stories - I did one last Friday for a Terrible Minds prompt. It's a mash-up of Weird West and Paranormal Romance.
- ROW80 check in's - this one, on time!
- Reading - nope - busy editing.
- Courses - Do these go here under writerly things? I forget. Anyway, Coursera's "A Brief History of Humankind" is just starting it's third week. I'm a week behind, but will catch up once editing finished. Lectures are very interesting, but I'll skip the quizzes/exam and certification option.
Objective - Other parts of my life
- Exercise - still walking. Getting to make this a habit. My target for August was to walk 90 miles. I've done 72 so far, and have six days left.
- Writerly blogs - just a couple of days behind.
- Social - saw my daughter's new house, and dropped off various power tools and extension cords for them. Downsized, so I certainly don't need them here. Met her and hubby again today at a beer festival at a local park. Beautiful day for it and a nice break from work. Have also been carrying my pile of paper around with me, so I can edit in local coffee shops and pubs.
- TV, etc. - Nothing in particular I want to watch.