Full disclosure - it's actually the 29th, I'm late again.
There are advantages and disadvantages of being self employed. One being a certain freedom to pick when to work and when not to - to decide whether it's a weekday or a weekend. And if your job is something you really enjoy spending time on - such as being a writer - then the lines start to blur.
All to say, I finished the last(?) round of edits on my novel on Wednesday and fired the latest version off to my editor/publisher. Once he reviews it, we proceed to the Kindle/Createspace steps, get copies out to a distributor, and do a launch. Yay! In the meantime, I guess I've some time off. I've decided it's the weekend. Possibly a long one. possibly a one day long one.
I started yesterday with a long and lazy conversation over coffee on a patio with a friend, then beers at a pub, then some km's on the meter, home for dinner, open mike at a new place, open mike at an old place, a slightly wobbly walk home (6 blocks) at 3:00 a.m., then an ill-advised decision to stay up and watch episodes of The West Wing until five.
Thursday was mostly a day of rest, although I still managed to do some reading and various publishing chores - because I love my job!
- Editing my novel - done. I hope.
- Web page - looking for feedback from publisher
- ROW80 check in's - this one, late!
- NaNoWriMo - looking over some possible story outlines, seeing where they will go
- Reading - Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro. I recommended this for my Sci-fi/Fantasy book club, based on several favourable reviews and a 2005 Booker prize nomination, and inclusion on somebody's list of must-read books. It's tediously slow. I may pick a different one for October.
- Courses - Coursera's "A Brief History of Humankind". Currently in it's third week, still behind but catching up.
Objective - Other parts of my life
- Exercise - still walking. Getting to make this a habit. My target for August was to walk 90 miles, or about 144 km. I'm at 142 - pretty close.
- Writerly blogs - slipping. I like to follow all of these, but seem to do them in a block every few days. Which sometimes means I miss some 1-2 day long giveaways.
- Social - see above - a lot of socializing.
- TV, etc. - Started watching The West Wing - Season 1. Interesting.