Here we are, the end of another Round, and almost the end of another year. I had my kids and grandkids over on the 14th, so I've already been sort of enjoying the post Christmas pause.
I did do some writerly things, the last few days:
- I've sent request to various libraries across Canada asking that that they carry Kirk's Landing. Most do not acknowledge, and orders may go through a central distribution, so it's easiest just to check their online catalogues. So far I've sent requests to 27 and seven have copies in stock or on order.
- I did another promo via a post on my FB page. Links to my tourtiere and my moosemilk recipes, as well as to a 50% off Smashwords coupon good until Boxing Day. A paid promo to boost the FB post, but as usual falls way short of their estimates for reach. Only cost $8 but I've decide these are not worth it. No Smashwords sales either, in spite of the discount.
- Writing - I'm playing around with a Flash Fiction for this prompt. I have an idea for something that's Christmasy. And dark.
- Reading - I bought yet more books at the local thrift store. They even have a seniors discount on Wednesday - damn them! Too many books!
Here's a look at my goals for this last ROW to see how I did.
- Find a mentor by ROW end. Not sure if I'll complete this soon. I'be joined some more writers groups to share information and critiques - that may suffice.
- Writing - I focused on NaNoWriMo, and did do 52,000 words in 28 days. Good words - this is a draft that has potential.
- Editing - none, but will start re-reading book #1, then #2.
- Publishing - I did more Facebook promotion, as wll as contacting more libraries. Decided to not do Book #2 with the same publisher, so now I need a new one. And maybe an agent.
- Reading - I managed to read 8 novels, in spite of NaNoWriMo.
- Other - A few series, such as Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D., and The Newsroom, and some movies.
Long term, my main goal for the year was to become a better writer. I think I have improved, but this January I will be doing another plan. I want to get serious with this new career, which means a business plan, as in Vision/Mission/Goals/Objectives/Tasks.