Or - shit happens. I had a great time last week in Toronto with my sweetie, arriving back here Thursday night. At 4am the fire alarm in the hall went off, so I rushed out to silence the damn thing. Bad move - the rushing bit. I managed to put out my wonky back for several days. Good news was I had food and drugs and wine, and was mobile enough to get to all of those things. Bad news was I had to miss the whole Can-Con 2015 Sci-fi/Fantasy conference, as well as pitch sessions to two local presses. And didn't get my books delivered for our groups joint table there.
However, having Saturday 'off' meant that when I was not flat out with a heating pad I was able to copy the outline for my NaNoWriMo novel from iPad app to Scrivener. Plus add more scenes for Sunday's start.
- Editing - My new spot for writing editing didn't last, as I needed the monitor as a second gaming console and the table to read the newspaper. At any rate, editing done for now. Good enough.
- I did two FFF challenges, one about my biggest fear, The Deeps, one incorporating a list of five words, The Retiree. The second one also became a scene from this year's NaNoWriMo novel.
- NaNoWriMo - I stuck with the sci-fi story, set in a world where simple ID chips morphed into health records then tracking devices then mood/emotion controls. Main character Karl, retired revolutionary in 70's. Antag is Davros, evil security chief. I used Index Card on my iPad to work on this while away. Went quite well. Then transferred into Scrivener via Dropbox and away I went. On target so far, and then some.
- As noted above, missed my chance to pitch my novel. Will email them, apologize again, and see what can be done.
- Nope - was away.
- Social - Quiet visit with my red-head.
- Health - eating better, but back worse. Doctor's appointment scheduled.