I know my last posts have seemed obsessed with the weather, but we seem to have so much of it lately.
Cold again tonight, but at least no snow in the forecast. Weather is one of the things I need to remember to add to my novels - not just as background to add to a scene, but sometimes as a driving factor in the action or motivation. More weather, as well as some local smells and sounds, what a room looks like, what a chair feels like. Not as much as a Victorian novel, but enough to add depth.
The past week I've visited my grandson for his birthday, started a new course, edited a bit, read some more, and played a lot of Wargame with my son. We have each settled on a basic set of units, that will hopefully be flexible enough for most
scenarios, and will now work on our strategy in games.
- Writing - I'm still very slowly editing novel #3. Apparently a new laptop hasn't really helped much so far.
- I've heard nothing more from agents. I suspect I'll have to go ahead with my planned edits and submit to a new list.
- Finished my friend's book, Deadroads. I loved it, and have persuaded my book club to read it too.
- I'm still re-watching Bones. Almost done Season 1. And I'm midway through Season 5 of Scandal.
- Video games - still playing Wargame: Red Dragon. We're getting stomped, but we are learning I think.
- I started an online course from Futurelearn, Shakespeare and His World. It's interesting content, but a lot of the presentation is someone talking to the camera, in a slow and methodical voice. Good thing there's a 1.5 speed button on the viewer.
- Again to pub with friends, to discuss sports and politics. Teeth cleaned