Well, my back is better and I could start getting into a real schedule this time. But I haven't yet. I've edited a bit, read a lot, done some chores, and played some games.
Stuff I did:
- Some editing. I've cleared enough of a dresser top for my laptop, so I now have a stand-up desk for some variety.
- A friend is doing a beta read for me, and hopes to be done by Sunday, so I'm just leaving notes and suggestions for myself for now.
- Writing - does a post card to my girlfriend count? I did write fairly small.
- I've downloaded/unzipped the various Aurora Award entries. Now, to start reading.
- Yesterday I started, and did not finish, Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures, by Vincent Lam. In spite of it being a Giller Prize winner, I gave up almost half-way through. Some parts kept me going, but there wasn't enough there. I didn't want to waste my time anymore.
- Today I started - and finished - Corvus, by Harold Johnson. An excellent book.