I'm in Toronto at my gf's for a week, mellowing out. Not that my normal week is that hectic, but this has been mostly time to hang out together, drink craft beer/cider in the backyard, reading the Globe/NYT on the front porch, going on the occasional jaunt for shopping or just to a cafe, and - sometimes - writing and editing. I have been editing my second novel, reviewing each scene, adding meta-data to track things better in Scrivener, blending in suggestions from beta readers.
- Editing - finally some progress, although my home setup with multiple screens is easier to use.
- Writing- Sigh. None, really.
- Publishing - 'my' press, Deux Voiliers, is a volunteer affair, so I've been asked to proofread another novel. I'm reasonably literate, but don't know the rule behind what sounds right or wrong. It will be interesting.
- Social - visits with both sisters while here in Toronto That was nice. Checked out some new pubs and cafes too, and met some interesting people.
- Videos and games - We watched the Tragically Hip concert from Kingston via CBC. Live, no commercials. That's the sort of thing I want my public broadcaster to do. I'd not been a big fan and had never seen them in concert but we really enjoyed the three hours. I'm also awaiting some patched to the game No Man's Sky, for when I return home.
- Other - my ears got plugged with wax, once worse than the other, so I know what my gf feels like. Clinic fixed me up.