Being passionate about a person, or a thing, is usually seen as a good thing. So much so, that a lack of passion in a person can be seen as a character fault. Being obsessed over something, though, is not a good thing. Even if it's the same thing as someone else's passion. For example, a passion about your job can be seen as an obsession by your family.
I used to have a passion, or at least a focus, for photography, especially of graffiti. That became a thing for writing, and now - judging by my 'tasks completed' list, my passions are either Netflix or driving a truck online. Maybe both. Fighting any tendencies for me to develop these into obsessions, is my fascination with new sparkley things, coupled with a dash of laziness.
- Writing -goal 1h/d. I did only two 1/2 hour chunks on The Game. I'm trying to work out some sub-plots.
- Write better - Writing blogs - goal 4 days worth/d, to catch up. Sliding again, but hate to delete any of them.
- Podcasts - goal -starts planning this via Evernote. I've been checking this out more. I like what Terry Fallis has done on his site. He uses Libsyn for his, and I have some tips from Typepad for mine.
- New Yorker - goal 1/d to catch up. The Guadian - goal 1 page/d. Sliding here too. But do want them still.
- I'm now on to The High Road, a podcast by Terry Fallis. Good while walking. Or driving.
- Enjoy life - Yet more trucking, and podcasts, and Netflix. I just binged through the first season of Mindhunter.
- Stay healthy - Target is reset to 3,000 steps a day. Some days I'm over, some days I'm lucky if I do 500. I'm checking my BP more, and adding to my iPhome Health app data. However, the device I have has lost half its display, and possibly is less accurate. New one is on the way.