Okay, not a lot of snow, just a few centimetres so far. Although I suppose it was more than they needed at the Grey Cup game yesterday, the final playoff for Canada's pro football league. At any rate, I get my snow tires installed tomorrow, in the midst of a one-day heat wave. It's going up to +10C. Maybe the landlady will have a chance to bag the leaves then, once this melts. She's sold, closing in a few weeks, so not as much maintenance happening anymore. Less, as I got home to discover the washing machine had been removed from the basement. So when I head to Toronto this week to visit my girlfriend I may be bringing a bag of laundry. Yes, I am a little ticked - maybe after dinner and a glass of wine I will mellow. Edit - she's ticked too. She'd hired someone to remove an old fridge and stove from the basement. But, instead . . .
As for status since last week's check-in? Well, some progress made.
- writerly - some work on my NaNoNovel, but not even close to 50k words.But I do continue to fiddle with it - productively at times. I haven't decided whether I bring my laptop to Toronto, though.
- reading - no books, but I did churn through the Sunday NYT. And I'll bring the Guardian Weekly with me to Toronto.
- games - I'm still working with support re my controller wheel issues. Probably past warranty. I did find this writing related game, Typoman.
- Netflix - I finished The Office, finally. And I'm still watching The Method.
- health - I babysat at my son's this afternoon, which is always nice. No pubs lately, so no beer. Walking occasionally. I seem to have lost a few pounds - yay.