Here we are, with yet another Round of Words. I think I'll just do my long-term goals now, and do my set of SMART objectives for each round. That's sort of in line with the 12 week challenges people do.
So my goals are pretty well the same as the last few years.
- write - because I do enjoy it
- write better - by reading about how to write, and getting constructive feedback. And by helping others to write, via specific feedback of just general encouragement.
- publish/market - publish partially for the glory and bags of money, but also for the feedback and increased marketability. And marketing itself can cover book signings and flogging to libraries and social media awareness.
- read with purpose - there are lots of good/great books out there, but not enough time for them all. So I need to focus on well-written books, and note why they are well written. As opposed to too many hours escaping reality via sci-fi/fantasy, thrillers, whatever, where I am just skimming them for pure entertainment. Too many books, not enough time.
- better health - bp control is improving, but more exercise would be okay. I'm already losing a bit of weight, which is a good thing, but I think a fit-bit would help. Just the cheapest one.
- stay social - that's a given, what with strolls through my hood, visits to local cafes and bars, and all my grandkids being in Ottawa. Plus frequent hookups with my girlfriend.
- have fun - I feel I need this for things like Netflix and video games. Although, maybe if streaming my truck driving gets me viewers that then buy my books, I can count that activity as being sort of writerly, right?