I was part of a book fair last Saturday for Indie authors, and actually sold six books! Three of each, for Kirk's Landing and Return to Kirk's Landing. Better than I had expected, as it was in the basement of a small, out of the way church, and not that well publicized. And it was a cold grey winter's day, with many chores on people's lists. There were maybe 18 tables there, with some author new to me, and some friends. Not a lot of buyers, but it's always nice to talk to people about your book, even if they just smile and move on.
Other than that it was a few days of chores. Teeth cleaning done (ouch) as well as a meeting with my financial manager. My modest portfolio is doing well, still, and in fact gained almost 10% over the year. Laundry is done too, after the machine was returned (long story).
The new landlord takes over in a few days, so the last few fixes are being done before the sale. Such as cutting down a very old tree in the back with a split in the trunk. About 90% of it was hanging over the back end of the yard behind us, but it would have landed on their garage if it had let go. They can now have a garden, I guess.
Tomorrow my girlfriend arrives for my early Christmas on the 17th, then we're off to Toronto. Oh - and we have snow - that's staying. Only a few cm, but it's -13C today and there is another 15cm forecast for tomorrow. I'm glad I've got my snow tires on.
- Still sporadic work on my latest NaNoNovel. I anticipate some forced time once my girlfriend arrives, as I'm usually up several hours ahead of her.
- Indie Book Fair went well - three sets of my two novels sold. That's $75 ;-)
- reading - More of the last NYT and a Guardian Weekly. Still working on Broken Monsters, by Beukes.
- games - Looks like Logitech may replace my broken G27 wheel. In the meantime, more Train Simulator.
- Netflix - I'm still watching The Method - it's dark. I finished Season 3 of Black Mirror, and enjoyed Arrival.
- health - The stronger BP medication is working - good.