I seem to delay my bi-weekly check-ins until the evening, waiting for more I suppose. But then I often forget, annoying myself. I've been working on my FlashFiction story for this week, and signed up (again) on a critique site.
- I'm slowly fleshing out my FF for this week, for my site flashfictionfriday.ca. It's SF, set on another planet with some intriguing variations. However, the temptation is to explain all those like e Wikipedia entry, using up all 1000 words without any real characters or issues. I'll have to try to compress things, with either less details or a shorter story line.
- I'm going to join the NYCMidnight Short Story challenge. We'll see how it goes.
- Write better - I signed up to the critique site Critters. Hopefully, with weekly submissions, I'll develop some good habits.
- Publish/market - just more tweaking of my various blogs and FB pages, so make sure all are one big happy family.
- Reading - two good library books sitting here waiting . . .
- Health - I dropped my step challenge to 2500. No problem hitting that, even if I stay in and pace my apartment. But it wouldn't kill me to just circle the block either if I have no errands to run in the area. I don't walk just for pleasure anymore. We do have more snow, and there is a new set of winter trails four blocks from here, that lead to a park along the river. Sleep goes better without late afternoon coffee and late night wine and cheese. Well duh!
- Social - my son works nearby now - maybe a lunch? And I miss sitting in the sun outside my local coffee shop.
- Have fun - this was for things like my online streaming. My new schedule is working. More people are showing up when they know I'll be there ahead of time, and I'm online less off-schedule. And the pennies keep trickling in ;-)
- Chores - I've been eyeing this Christmas tree. Maybe it's time to un-decorate.