It's a long weekend here in Canada, for the May 24th holiday, Victoria Day. The weekend is the one on or before the 24th, so it's a little early this year. Some of us call it the 2-4 weekend, both for the date and the practice of buying a case of 24 beer for the cottage get-together. Out west, where they didn't have cases of 24, it is just called May-Long. Like a place in Cambodia. Complete with the distant sound of fireworks tonight. Like a warzone.
Still off and on vertigo this week, but I had another good physio session, and have also made an eye appointment to address some fuzzy/double vision issues. And it's getting warmer out, so more strolling the hood and lounging at a sidewalk cafe with coffee and a book. And making an appointment to get snow-tires off. In the meantime, I have tried to keep at writerly tasks.
Objectives (writerly and other):
- Write - Because I do enjoy it.
- Write new material - one draft Flash Fiction a week. Story done and posted here. It was written to include three quirky phrases.\, and is titled The Train.
- Edit existing material - to send in for publication - None.
- Write better - Read about how to write, and get constructive feedback.
- My main source of writing info is a series of writerly blogs. Objective -stay current. Yup, still fairly current.
- Objective - set a FF challenge a week. Prompt is set, this week the topic is to write about the Two-four weekend. Darkly if needed.
- MasterClass on Storytelling, by Neil Gaiman. Did #15, Comics. Interesting. He's done several, but outsources to artist, letterer, etc.
- Publish/market - We publish partially for the glory and bags of money, but also for the feedback and increased marketability.
- I have many FF written already, here. Updated list to include latest stories, and added what prompt was for each one. Also updated my author blog to reference this properly.
- Amazon Marketing Services Campaigns on KDP -Some sales, but not a big profit on this yet. But I continue to tweak once a week, trying stuff.
- New technique - give away print copies of Flash Fiction Stories. Gave several away to bartenders at my local. All three are readers, and hopefully will like my work. And tell customers.
- Read with purpose
- Objective - read and review a book a week. Nothing.
- Better health
- It's spring now. Fitbit target Objective - 7 day average 3500. Very poor at this - still my transient vertigo.
- Set sleep target to 7.5 hours, starting at midnight. Objective - 5 times a week. I hit 6/7. Time to bed still too erratic.
- Stay social - That's a given, what with walking about, visits to local cafes and bars, and all my grandkids being in Ottawa. Cafes and bars, check. Getting a good group of friends/regulars at my new regular, Pubblico. Girlfriend arrives Tuesday for a week.
- Have fun - Gaming, Netflix - both indoors. Outdoors?
- Netflix - yet more reruns of Grey's Anatomy.
- Gaming - yes, lots of truck driving. New map for northern Brazil.
- Vacation -no plans yet.
- Chores - I added this to capture bigger jobs. Bench pieces are ready for my girlfriend to help assemble.