That's often my process, especially for my weekly Flash Fiction stories, due every Friday. I do get them done, but should probably add to the list Promise - that next time I'll get at it sooner. Or not. This week I had an outline Friday Morning and a few hours later was lucky enough to have a story. Doesn't always work that well.
And Ientered acontest.
Objectives (writerly and an 'other' section):
- Write - Because I do enjoy it. I'll set a new and very modest target of 1h/day, early in the day. Hasn't happened yet, I'll drop this target.
- Write new material - one draft Flash Fiction a week. Story done and posted here. It was written in response to a given setting, and is titled Greta's Reach. Last minute job, but good.
- Edit existing material - to send in for publication - Maybe that last one?
- Write better - Read about how to write, and get constructive feedback.
- My main source of writing info is a series of writerly blogs. Objective -stay current. Yup, still fairly current.
- Objective - set a FF challenge a week. Prompt is set, this week the topic is to include several quirky adjective-noun combinations.
- MasterClass on Storytelling, by Neil Gaiman. Did #13, Humour, and #14, Genre.
- Entered the NYC Midnight Flash Fiction contest - 48 hours to write 1000 words. In July.
- Publish/market - We publish partially for the glory and bags of money, but also for the feedback and increased marketability.
- I have many FF written already, here. I'll re-examine them, and send off one a week to some publishers.
- Amazon Marketing Services Campaigns on KDP -Some sales, but not a big profit on this yet. But I continue to tweak once a week. No recent sales.
- New technique - give away print copies of Flash Fiction Stories. Owner at my local as at my local gave me another free beer, so I gave him another story. Had a copy of another one, friend liked it so I suggested she buy for $1. Very reluctant, so got her to share with a friend, 50 cents each. I was pretty insulted on how little my work was valued, even as they say and ran up a bar tab, but it's really typical for the arts.
- Read with purpose
- Objective - read and review a book a week. Nothing.
- Better health
- It's spring now. Fitbit target Objective - 7 day average 3500. Very poor at this - will blame my new transient vertigo, Physio tomorrow.
- Set sleep target to 7.5 hours, starting at midnight. Objective - 5 times a week. I hit 7/7. But time to bed still too erratic.
- Stay social - That's a given, what with walking about, visits to local cafes and bars, and all my grandkids being in Ottawa. Cafes and bars, check. Also visited with my grandson and family at his school for art projects.
- Have fun - Gaming, Netflix - both indoors. Outdoors?
- Netflix - yet more reruns of Grey's Anatomy. They are really quite well written.
- Gaming - yes, lots of truck driving.
- Vacation -no plans yet.
- Chores - I added this to capture bigger jobs. Still oiling up and gluing pieces of a bench.