I think the official end was yesterday, but who's counting? I met some objectives, missed some, and will adjust some for the next ROW .
My long-term goals remain the same:
- to become a better writer
- to grow my community of online followers
- to maintain my health - mental and physical
Objectives (writerly and an 'other' section):
- Write - Target was 1 hr/d, early. I usually got the writing in, but the time varied.
- Write new material - one draft Flash Fiction a week.-Done
- Edit existing material - to send in for publication - see below.
- Work on my next novel -I explored an idea in a few Flash Fiction stories, and have something now for NaNoWriMo.
- Write better - Read about how to write, and get constructive feedback.
- My main source of writing info is a series of writerly blogs. Stayed current.
- Continue with setting Flash Fiction prompts. Good for challenge, practice, and feedback. Objective - set a challenge a week. Done
- Publish/market - We publish partially for the glory and bags of money, but also for the feedback and increased marketability.
- I have many FF written already, here. I'll re-examine them, and send off one a week to some publishers. Partial - sent maybe 3 off, to several publishers. Some no, some still waiting.
- I've been trying to edit my second story about Agnes and friends for too long. I asked some advice about the other four, and got a recommendation. So - next ROW, a new focus. The Ghost in the Machine.
- Read with purpose
- Objective - read and review a book a week. Sort of.
- Better health
- Fitbit target to 3500 steps a day. Objective - 5 times a week. Missed this. I blame my new local, only 1000 or so steps away.
- Set sleep target to 7.5 hours, starting at midnight. Objective - 5 times a week. Doing better at this, but still get tempted by late night Netflix and cheap wine.
- Stay social - That's a given, what with walking about, visits to local cafes and bars, and all my grandkids being in Ottawa. Not bad, but too many pubs?
- Have fun - Gaming, Netflix.
- Set up a regular schedule Doing 8-11 pm, sort of. Works better.
- Lots of good stuff on Netflix. Re-watching Grey's Anatomy (well written), loved Good Omens.
- Chores - I added this to capture bigger jobs. Some done, but would do better as sub-tasks.