My grandson is here days this week, but as he's 11 I suppose it's not really babysitting. It's more like hanging out. We're doing a bit of gardening together, which he discovered he likes, and he's also streaming on my Twitch link for a bit every afternoon. He's big on video games, of course.
As far as writerly things, I sort of kept going on writing end editing since the last Round ended. I did yet another Flash Fiction, gave away copies, and did some editing. Here's my update, with italics for updates:
My long-term goals remain the same:
- to become a better writer
- to grow my community of online followers
- to maintain my health - mental and physical
Objectives (writerly and other):
- Write - Because I enjoy it.
- Write new material - one draft Flash Fiction a week. Done last Friday. My story is The Helpful Partner. Hope you like Shirley.
- Edit existing material - to send in for publication. 2h/d. I've selected one of my stories, The Ghost in the Machine. 1-2 hours/day. I did a read-through, so now I'm looking at each scene, to see what's in it, and why.
- Write better - Read about how to write, and get constructive feedback.
- My main source of writing info is a series of writerly blogs. Objective -stay current. Oops, I'm about a week behind. Need to grab an hour for this.
- Write regularly - set a FF challenge a week. Yup, did that last Friday. The challenge is based on a piece of paper found in an old bureau.
- Other - I finished MasterClass on Storytelling, by Neil Gaiman. Objective is to finish the workbooks. Nothing.
- Publish/market - We publish partially for the glory and bags of money, but also for the feedback and increased marketability.
- Amazon Marketing Services Campaigns on KDP -Some sales. Tweak once a week, trying stuff. Duly tweaked. Some sales.
- New technique - give away print copies of Flash Fiction Stories. Still doing this, mostly at my local. Good feedback.
- Send in one story a week to a publication. Not this week, but my last story is a possibility.
- Read with purpose
- Objective - read and review a book a week. Two good ones out on my table now.
- Fitbit target Objective - 7 day average 3500. At 2100 - hot days keep me in.
- Set sleep target to 7.5 hours, starting at midnight. Less hours, but bedtime improving, as have to get up by 7.
- Stay social - That's a given, what with walking about, visits to local cafes and bars, and all my grandkids being in Ottawa. Regular social things and this week, visiting grandkids.
- Have fun - Gaming, Netflix - both indoors. Outdoors?
- Netflix/Amazon - <2h/d? Grey's Anatomy is fascinating, especially as a writer.
- Gaming - 8:30-10:30 schedule. More like 8-10.
- Vacation - Do at least mini-trips. Thinking.
- Chores - I added this to capture bigger jobs, like gardening. Yes, gardening with grandson!