My goal in life remains the same - experience it, enjoy it and try to leave the world/campsite a little nicer than when you found it. More specifically for here, to become a better writer, and to grow my community of fellow writers and followers, and to stay healthy enough to.
I'll be tweaking my SMART objectives this time though. I want to get into podcasting, and maybe do another NaNoWriMo this year. To make room for that, I'm more than happy to pause my editing.
- Write/create - Because I do enjoy it.
- Write new material - Objective - one draft Flash Fiction a week. Not particularly polished, just get it done. I have a site that I set prompts at.
- Podcast - read my previous FF - maybe 1/2 a week. The first is from almost 8 years ago. I have improved since then, so I'll rewrite them first. I'll leave the original as-is.
- Research tools
- Set-up site
- Register site with Apple, Spotify, etc
- Edit 2 stories and upload
- Do 2/week (?)
- Write better - Read about how to write, and get constructive feedback.
- My main source of writing info is a series of writerly blogs. Objective -stay current.
- I'm in Ottawa Independent Writers, as well as Canada Writes and have a small network of writers. Objective - check regularly, and post my FF stories and prompts there.
- Publish/market - We publish partially for the glory and bags of money, but also for the feedback and increased marketability.
- I do have over 100 FF written already, here. As I tweak them for podcasting, I'll see which ones I might send off to magazines, etc.. No commitments here.
- My two novels are available online in print and ebook, on many sites, as well as in libraries across Canada. I use them as give-aways to subscribers to my gaming stream, and carry print copies with me just in case. Objective - ensure podcasts link to them.
- Read with purpose - there are lots of good/great books out there, but not enough time for them all. So I need to focus on well-written books, and note why they are well written. As opposed to skimming through mystery and sci-fi/fantasy just to escape other tasks.
- Objective - read and review a book a week. That may need to be done as a limit, as I can read more, but at the expense of other things.
- Better health - My BP and cholesterol are good, but more exercise would be okay. And less weight. Objective - track all these.
- My Fitbit target is currently 3500 steps a day. I can do 5000 as I wander my 'hood, or 1000 if I stay in. Objective - 5 times a week.
- My Fitbit sleep target is 7 hours, starting at midnight. Objective - a 'good' sleep, 5 times a week.
- Less weight. Less alcohol, less late at night, regular meals, less snacks. All those would also ensure better sleep.
- Stay social - That's a given, what with online gaming, walking about, visits to local cafes and bars, and all my grandkids being in town. Objective - track it.
- Have fun - I had this objective last year for casual fun, like Netflix and video games. But now gaming, and Twitch streaming, has grown to several hours a day, at various times, for various durations. Sometimes I have viewers to chat with, sometimes not.
- The objective here is mostly to track and keep an eye on this. Assess hours/day/week.
- Chores - I added this to capture bigger jobs, like take down Christmas stuff, sort through photos, file papers. This will be another time-based activity, but I'm hoping that putting it here on my list will remind me to bite off a chunk each day.