Well, the last while, when not doing techie stuff, I've been following the election. Not the US 4 year long process, the Canadian 40 day campaign. The two front runners - the incumbent Liberal and challenging Conservative - started off at agout 34% each and have stayed neck in neck most of the campaign. We've had scandals and slip-ups, several leader's debates, and promises and accusations. Not a lot of difference between the two, so nobody seems that excited about the choice. Meaning one of the two will form a minority government, with less that the majority of overall seats.
Surprise, over the past week, the front runners have dropped, and the third-runner, the New Democratic Party (NDP) has suddenly risen from their steady 13% to over 18%. One of the other two will still "win" but they will need the cooperation of the NDP to govern. Which one?? Well, the Conservative focus is on fiscal responsibility. The Liberal focus is on environmental responsibility. Rather than money in my pocket, I'd take air in my lungs. Vote is Oct 21
Techie stuff has happened too. I've been working more on my podcast and web site. Learning, configuring, tweaking. I'm getting there.
And I bought another pen. And more ink.
Objectives, with Status in italics:
- Write/create - Because I do enjoy it.
- Write new material - Objective - one draft Flash Fiction a week. I did one Oct 5 for the following week, as part of a contest entry for NYC Midnite Microfiction. 250 words in 24 hour. Still need to update their forum, for discussion.
- Set a prompt - done. In a bookstore, and include 6 of 20 words.
- Research tools, podcasts - More learning how tools work and tweaking.
- Set-up site - almost done.
- Read for broadcaster friend and get feedback
- Register site with Apple, Spotify, etc
- Edit 2 stories and upload
- Do 2/week (?)
- Write better - Read about how to write, and get constructive feedback.
- Writerly blogs. Objective -stay current. Doing so.
- Various local and online groups. Objective - check regularly, and post my FF stories and prompts there. Done
- Publish/market - We publish partially for the glory and bags of money, but also for the feedback and increased marketability.
- I do have over 100 FF written already, here. As I tweak them for podcasting, I'll see which ones I might send off to magazines, etc.. No commitments here.
- My two novels are available online in print and ebook, on many sites, as well as in libraries across Canada. I use them as give-aways to subscribers to my gaming stream, and carry print copies with me just in case. Objective - ensure podcasts link to them.
- Read with purpose - Objective - read and review a book a week. I bailed on Late Nights on Air, by Elizabeth Hay. Bored.
- Better health - My BP and cholesterol are good, but more exercise would be okay. And less weight. Objective - track all these.
- Fitbit step tracker and sleep - way over goal, and then way under. I need to aim for consistency.
- Stay social - That's a given, what with online gaming, walking about, visits to local cafes and bars, and all my grandkids being in town. Objective - track it. Local 5/7 nights. Networking online and face-face with Fountain Pen enthusiasts.
- Have fun - I had this objective last year for casual fun, like Netflix and video games. Online - new map, on a 9000 km trip in Russia. 497 total stream followers now.
- Chores - Capture bigger jobs. None.