I went for a walk this evening, in my 'hood - it's still a nice a mix of old and new. As am I, I suppose - old body parts but always trying for new thinking. Or new toys. My PC has been struggling a bit with running games and streaming, so I dropped it off for an upgrade - an AMD Ryzen 7, new motherboard, and some RAM. It will be in the shop for a few days, so no gaming. I'll survive - I certainly have a long to-do list.
Of course, more gems were found today. Mostly for Facebook, it seems.
- Facebook did little in India to control hate speech or violence on their site, according to the Washington Post.
- Also, we've seen that Facebook has been accused of a bias to encourage right wing rhetoric, since controversy generates clicks and views and ad dollars. Still, sometime they took it upon themselves to suppress those same sites, letting politics drive their decisions, rather than dollars. Wall Street Journal.
- It's not surprising, then, that The Facebook expect more negative reports and cautions their employees to ignore all the lies.
- Meanwhile, in Germany, learn why riskier playgrounds are better playgrounds.
- And finally, here's how to enable DNS over HTTPS. In case you were wondering.